Since my last review book post I haven’t read many books, I’ve been busy lately and not had much chance to sit down, and when I have sat down I’ve not felt like doing anything. I will combine my reviews and my TBR list into one post. My TBR list is ever growing. I’m obsessed with a good charity shop find.
In my August book review post I told you that I was reading The Flatshare by Beth O’Leary and would do a review, I did finish the book quite quickly as one I picked it up I couldn’t put it down.
My review of Beth O’Leary- The Flatshare
Tiffy and Leon share a flat
Tiffy and Leon share a bed
Tiffy and Leon have never met…
Tiffy Moore needs a cheap flat, and fast. Leon Twomey works nights and needs cash. Their friends think they’re crazy, but it’s the perfect solution: Leon occupies the one-bed flat while Tiffy’s at work in the day, and she has the run of the place the rest of the time. But with obsessive ex-boyfriends, demanding clients at work, wrongly imprisoned brothers and, of course, the fact that they still haven’t met yet, they’re about to discover that if you want the perfect home you need to throw the rulebook out the window…
I absolutely loved this book, I instantly fell in love with Tiffy’s character and personality. As Tiffy felt, I wasn’t sure about Leon until his personality was revealed later in the book. I just want this book to be made into a film as I think it would be so funny/happy and sad to watch. What a storyline! This book shows that life has a funny way of working out. Every decision we make has a different outcome and you just never know who you are going to meet next.
I love Beth’s uplifting style of writing, it was easy to follow. It was funny and made me smile. I would like to read The Switch by Beth.
These are the books on my TBR pile:
- Adele Parks- The State We’re In- What are the odds that the stranger sitting next to you on a plane is destined to change your life? Especially when they appear to be your opposite in every way… You never know who you are going to meet and how they will change your life.
- Marian Keyes- The Break- Amy’s husband is taking a break – from their marriage, their children and, most of all, from their life together. Six months in South-East Asia. But when does a break become a break-up? What will happen to Amy and her Husband?
- Lucy Diamond- The Beach Café- Evie’s beloved aunt Jo dies suddenly in a car crash, leaving Evie an unusual legacy – her precious beach café in Cornwall. Who wouldn’t love a beach café in Cornwall, I missed out on my holiday to Cornwall this year but will this book set the scene for me to pretend I’m there for a while?
- Lucy Diamond- One Night In Italy- With love affairs blossoming in the most unlikely places, and hard decisions to face, it’s going to be a year that Anna, Catherine and Sophie will never forget. I did get to go to Italy in January, will this book bring out parts of Italy for me to remember?
- Milly Johnson- White Wedding- Bel is in the midst of planning her perfect wedding when disaster strikes and everything she thought she knew is turned on its head. We all have our life visions, do they ever turn out how we thought? What will happen to Bel?
- Milly Johnson- A Winter Flame- Eve has never liked Christmas. So when her adored elderly aunt dies, the last thing she is expecting is to be left a theme park in her will. A theme park with a Christmas theme … I love a good Christmas book, now I’m on the countdown to Christmas (I’ve added a countdown to my site). Will this book help me feel festive?
- Milly Johnson- An Autumn Crush- Juliet Miller invests in a flat and advertises for a flatmate, along comes Floz, raw from her own relationship split, and the two woman hit it off. When Juliet’s twin brother Guy meets Floz, he is overcome with a massive crush. Guy’s best friend Steve has always had a secret crush on Juliet. Just when Guy has finally plucked up the courage to tell Floz how he feels, he finds she has rekindled an old romance. We are nearly in Autumn, I love that Milly is from South Yorkshire near me. What will happen to Juliet and Steve?
- Rebecca Searle- In Five Years (kindle)- Dannie falls asleep only to wake up in a different apartment with a different ring on her finger, and in the company of a very different man. The TV is on in the background, and she can just make out the date. It’s the same night – December 15th – but 2025, five years in the future. Four and a half years later, Dannie turns down a street and there, standing on the corner, is the man from her dream from five years ago. Who has a five year plan? Will this book be as interesting as it sounds, will all be revealed?
- Delia Owens- Where The Crawdads Sing- When handsome Chase Andrews is found dead, the locals immediately suspect Kya Clark, the so-called Marsh Girl. But Kya is not what they say. Sensitive and intelligent, she has survived for years alone in the marsh that she calls home. Then the time comes when she yearns to be touched and loved. When two young men from town become intrigued by her wild beauty, Kya opens herself to a new life – until the unthinkable happens. I’m reading this book as part of a book club I joined months ago. The comments so far look good, I’m excited to read this one.
- Sophie Kinsella- Surprise Me-After being together for ten years, Sylvie and Dan have a comfortable home, fulfilling jobs, beautiful twin girls, and communicate so seamlessly, they finish each other’s sentences. When a scandal from the past is uncovered, they begin to wonder if they ever really knew each other after all. We all love a scandal, though the world is full of them at the moment. What will happen to Sylvie and Dan?
- Dean Nicholson- Nala’s World- Dean Nicholson reveals the full story of his life-changing friendship with rescue cat Nala and their inspiring adventures together on a bike journey around the world. I love watching Nala and Dean on their YouTube adventures, they just melt my heart.
- Shari Low- My One Month Marriage- One month after Zoe said “I do”, the man she loved is gone, given his marching orders after Zoe discovered a devastating secret. As teenagers facing a crushing loss, Zoe made a pact with her three sisters to stick together no matter what. Now she’s discovered that one of them may have been the reason her husband betrayed her. She’s lost her happy-ever-after, but has she lost a sister too? What is the devastating secret? What was their loss as teenagers? This one sounds exciting.
- Lia Louis- Somewhere Close To Happy- A letter arrives one day from Lizzie’s first love, Roman. A letter dated the day he disappeared, 12 years before. As Lizzie uncovers the secrets of the letter, she discovers what really happened the year her life fell apart – and all avenues lead back to Roman. We all never know just what could happen and the things we don’t know about. Do we always get to find out and is our version of our life the only version of it?
Hopefully I will get some time to start reading these and you will see reviews in months to come. Have you read any of them, are there any you fancy reading?
Thanks for reading and have a brill weekend.
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate I receive commission from qualifying book purchases when you click links on this page to Amazon’s website. Purchasing via an affiliate link does not cost you any extra.
I have not been compensated in any way for this post. My products were ordered by me and paid for out of my own money and all opinions are my own. I only recommend products and services I trust.