Who is Lindsey Kelk?
Lindsey Kelk is a Sunday Times bestselling British writer, who was born in Doncaster, went to university in Nottingham, moved to London, then New York and now lives in LA. So far, she has written quite a few books, including the bestselling I Heart series.
What is the I Heart series?
The I heart series is a series of books that are set in different cities, its the story of Angela Clark and her boyfriend Alex Reid and her best friend Jenny Lopez. I won’t give the story away but if you like visiting cities, trendy cocktail bars, love and laughter you will love this series. Read them in the order as they are shown in the image above and it becomes a lovely mini series that should be shown on telly.
- I Heart New York– Get ready to meet Angela Clark as she flees the world’s worst wedding for a new life. Angela Clarke is in love with the most fabulous city in the world. Fleeing her cheating boyfriend and clutching little more than a crumpled bridesmaid dress, a pair of Louboutins and her passport, Angela jumps on a plane, destination – NYC. Holed up in a cute hotel room, Angela gets a New York makeover from her NBF Jenny and a whirlwind tour of the city that never sleeps.
- I Heart Hollywood– Angela Clark can’t believe her luck she’s an English girl living in New York with a dream job at hip magazine The Look and a sexy boyfriend. Her latest assignment takes her to Hollywood to interview hot actor and fellow Brit James Jacobs.Thrown in at the deep end she heads west with best friend Jenny dreaming of Rodeo Drive and Malibu beach. Soon Angela discovers that celebrity life in Hollywood is not all glamour, gloss and sunshine
- I Heart Paris– When Angela Clark’s boyfriend Alex suggests a trip to Paris at the same time as hip fashion mag Belle asks her to write a piece, she jumps at the chance. But even as she’s falling for the joie de vivre of Paris, someone’s conspiring to sabotage her big break. And when she spots Alex having a tête-à-tête with his ex in a local bar, Angela’s dreams of Parisian passion all start crashing down around her. With London and her old life only a train journey away, Angela can’t decide if should stay and face the music or run away home.
- I Heart Vegas– Angela Clark loves her life in New York. She a Brit who’s conquered the Big Apple. Unfortunately, she’s also a Brit who’s lost her job. And when, just a couple of weeks before Christmas, the immigration department gets wind of this, Angela needs to find a new job urgently. Or a husband. And she doesn’t think her boyfriend Alex will be keen. A girls’ weekend in Vegas with her best friend Jenny seems the perfect way to forget her troubles. From the minute they arrive Angela is swept up in a whirl of cocktails, outrageous outfits, late nights and brushes with the chapel of love. But rather than escaping trouble, Angela is up to her neck in it. But what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas right?
- I Heart London– Angela’s back on home turf – and in her biggest romantic scrape yet… Angela Clark has fallen in love with New York – and it’s starting to love her back. But when she’s summoned home to London, she’s at risk of losing her shiny new life to never-ending English rain, warm beer and bad memories. Talk about stepping back in time. There’s Mark, the ex-boyfriend – who she ran to New York to get away from. There’s Louisa, her best friend, with her terrifying new baby. And there’s her mum, still talking to her as though she’s fifteen. Now there’s a wedding in the offing – and everyone remembers how well Angela behaved at the last one. . . Can the arrival of boyfriend Alex and best friend Jenny save her from a re-run of her old self?
- I Heart Christmas– Angela’s planning her very own fairytale of New York. Enormous Christmas tree, eggnog, eccentric British traditions and a gorgeous man. But Santa’s throwing her a few curveballs new job (as if it’s not mental enough already), new baby-craze from her best friend Jenny, and Alex determined they should grow up and settle down. Once friends start turning up uninvited on her doorstep (and leading her astray), can Angela really have a merry little Christmas? So much for happy holidays something’s got to give.
- I Heart Forever– The day her husband Alex picks up a backpack and goes travelling, Angela Clark promises to stay out of trouble and keep both Louboutins on the ground. So when her best friend’s boyfriend confides in her, it can’t hurt to help him pick out a ring at Tiffany’s surely? And when her fashion magazine announces major changes, being terminally late and winking at your new boss in the lift isn’t that bad, is it? Then suddenly there’s another big secret Angela’s got to keep – and the man she loves is still thousands of miles away. As the wedding of the year looms, and Manhattan switches on its Christmas lights, Angela is going to need her friends by her side as her old life looks set to change forever.
- I Heart Hawaii– The seris finale, set on the balmy beaches of hawaii. When Angela Clark’s best friend Jenny invites her to join a press trip to Hawaii, three days of sun, sea and sleep sounds like the perfect antidote to her crazed life. At work in New York, she’s supposed to be the face of Having It All. But the only thing Angela feels she excels at is hiding in the printer cupboard, eating Mini Cheddars and watching Netflix on her phone and if this is living the dream, she’s more than ready to wake up. A few days away with Jenny sounds like exactly what she needs but Angela’s talent for getting into a scrape guarantees nothing goes to plan – and not even the most beautiful beaches, blue skies and daiquiris will get her off the hook.
You can buy the first 6 books in the series here.
Why should I read them?
You will be whisked away to each city and you will feel like you are there, living Angela’s glamorous story. With an amazing job and her best friend, love, loss and relationships, this series is a masterpiece. Angela finds herself in all sorts of tricky situations, you will laugh and cry. If you want to escape life for a little while and live it up, read these books.
What did you think to them?
This series was amazing, I love how the stories continued through each book. I had to get the next book ready for when i’d finished the previous one and couldn’t put them down. I love that Lindsey comes from Doncaster, just like me. When she tweets about Doncaster it makes me smile.
See her website here for more books Lindsey has written.
If you have read the series, or are going to read it, you will be pleased to know that Lindsey’s newest book is out on the 23rd July 2020, order your copy here In Case You Missed it.
One missed chance in life…one second chance in love
When Ros comes home after three years away, she’s ready to pick up with life exactly where she left it. But her friends have moved on, her parents have rekindled their romance, and her bedroom is now a garden shed. All of a sudden, she’s swept up in nostalgia for the way things were.Then her phone begins to ping, with messages from her old life. Including one number she thought she’d erased for good – the man who broke her heart. Is this her second chance at one big love? Sometimes we all want to see what we’ve been missing…
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate I receive commission from qualifying book purchases when you click links on this page to Amazon’s website. Purchasing via an affiliate link does not cost you any extra.
I am not an affiliate for any of the products mentioned and have not been compensated in any way for this post. My products were ordered and paid for out of my own money and all opinions are my own. I only recommend products and services I trust.